Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Update with eating

Landon had a hard time with the formula rice the first day. The next day I kept away from formula and just concentrated on calories. Then I started doing the cereal every other day and now we are doing it once every day. Now he doesn't even flinch. He even makes his mmmm... sounds when he gets a formula cereal bite.
This was a big deal to me because I see so many kids that hate to eat because of something like this and I think it kind ruins eating in the future. I am so glad that this has worked out. James and I can already tell that he is packing on the weight. He is more solid. Our scale doesn't work, so we will have to wait until mid march for the follow up visit at the Dr. office.
We have been giving him lots of table food (except tomatoes) and he gets so excited it is hilarious! I will have to record. I have also been increasing my fat intake (not in a healthy way either), I am going to start trying to be smarter about it.

4 comments:

jess and scott said...

Glad things are looking up. I know when I worked at the dr's office we would let people come in and just weigh the baby if there were any concerns. No charge. You don't see a doctor. Just I thought if it is worrying you...

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Good job mama! It is important not to make kids hate the dinner table. But, sometimes it takes more than once :) Keep up the good work! And I agree with the first comment. We could take our kids in for a weight check anytime we wanted....

Laura said...

I'm glad he's doing better with the formula. I'm sure that will help him chunk up! Also, James needs to teach him to go down stairs BACKwards! :) One step face first is ok though. ;)

Magic Marker said...

So nice when they are able to start eating solids and I'm glad that things are looking better:) We haven't talked to you guys forever. How are things out there in Virginia?