Well, Landon loves to eat and the other day, he decided bugs are good too. My niece, Bailey, came over to visit and pointed out that there was a lady bug flying around. Minutes later, Landon starts gagging. He seemed to pull out of it okay and then a few minutes later, he starts gagging and throws up a little. I knew that he had eaten something and then I started looking around for the lady bug as I made my way over to him. Sure enough, when my fingers found the thing in his mouth, it had legs. HE ATE THE LADY BUG!!! I think that it must have been crawling around in his mouth on his gag spot and made him throw up. When I was fishing for it, I crushed it though. YUCK! The next day, he found a fly, caught it too, and proceeded to eat that. I got it out, but a little later I noticed that a leg was still hanging out in his mouth. Have I given you the shivers yet? The next day, James and I pulled the couch out to take pictures to put on Craigs list and I noticed a couple of dead flies behind it. What did James do? Did he pick them up, no. So later, Landon crawled behind the couch and tried to eat them. Good thing I have learned to keep a close eye. Happy to say that since then we have had no bugs in the house. Not sure if that is because it is freezing outside, or if he has eaten them all without my knowledge...
Anyways, he is putting on some really good weight. He doesn't look too skinny in his clothes anymore and we are already getting out the 12 month clothes. He is starting to get some rolls on his neck, and it is crazy to see him grow before my eyes. All I added to his diet was yogurt in the morning (so now 4 meals a day) and 1/2 a scoop of formula mixed in rice cereal. Crazy.
2 comments:
See... You weren't starving the poor kid. He just needed a few extra calories. My mom's favorite stories include one where we eat cockroaches. Grosses me out!!! But, I guess what doesn't kill him makes him stronger :p Ew!!!!
YUM! And yea for gaining weight!
Post a Comment