Friday, March 5, 2010

Baby Shower for Kristy!

(for some reason this picture did not publish the first time... My gift was a tag-a-long, two embroidered burp cloths and a cuddle blanket)
The food (Oh so YUMMY!)
The gifts

Dress decoration



Amanda, Seija and Kathleen

(do you notice the fireplace mantle?)

Nicole and Amanda

Me and Kristy

Landon's first baby shower

Best wrapped package of diapers I ever saw!

Awesome sock monkey, book and blanket

Seija and Heidi\ My gift: cuddle blanket (huge receiving blanket), tag-a-long and two burg clothes with monogramming. (thanks for taking a picture Kristy)

Okay, so my friend Heather and I planned to throw our dear friend Kristy a baby shower. Heather decided to make it a theme of Baby Sweet Pea Garden and have everyone bring a salad to share. Well, if you remember one of my previous posts, Heather is now on bed rest. She wasn't going to be able to come. We missed you Heather! xoxo

Amanda came to the rescue decorations wise, thank you my dear! She made the awesome baby letters for the food table. The funny thing is, if you rearrange the letters, it spells out the baby's name. Can you guess what it is?

James has been amazing at helping me out to get the house ready for this event. Of course, I just wanted to put some very over due finishing touches on the house, like shoe molding, carpet to wood transition pieces, the fireplace... Well, he decided to rearrange the office. At first, I became more stressed out, but then I began to realize, with the new configuration that I could do my work there now too. I used the couch a lot, but things are getting too busy now for me to do that. So, it turned out to be a great thing. We still have to put down all the floor pieces, but who notices stuff like that? He is working on the fireplace right now and it looks great! We just have to trade in one piece of wood and it will be all done and ready to paint! YAY!

Anyways, back to the shower, a lot of people couldn't make it, but it was a blast. We were laughing so hard by the end of the night. A lot of kids came and James was awesome and played with them in the office while us ladies visited. People started showing up and didn't leave until right before 10pm. So glad that it was fun even though some important people couldn't make it.

1 comment:

Magic Marker said...

looks fun! I can't get over how much I think Landon looks like his daddy:)