Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Motivation

Landon watching Daddy work
James putting down the first layer
Scraping off the crud
Okay, so this post is mostly to motivate James to finish the fireplace soon. As I am sure you might have noticed from previous pictures, our fireplace is kind of... interesting. Problem #1: When we first got in the house it was some crazy looking marble plastic type thing. UGLY! We decided that we wanted a real mantle. Problem #2: Our windows are too close together to have a normal size mantle, so we have to build our own. Problem #3: It was taking so long that one day I just ripped off the top layer hoping to motivate James to get working on it. As you can see, it has been like this for a LONG time. Well, the other day I fussed about it and James decided to do it. So, the bottom is mostly tiled. I say mostly because we had to go to the store and have them cut the last row with a wet saw and had time to do any more work. So... it is progressing, but I am ready for it to be done...
Problem #4: James doesn't really read my blog, so I am just typing to my friends that won't mind a little hot air. Thanks for listening. Hopefully soon, I will have some more pictures to post...



1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Did you guys buy that house? I don't remember. Isn't home "ownership" grand? :) And yes. Lets motivate James!