Okay, so I am sorry for all the updates on one day. I had to get it done before it got worse. Here are some other little tidbits of our life:
Bath time has become interesting. When it started getting cold in the house, Landon would lean over in the bathtub to get his chest in the water. I guess he was too cold. So after a few baths of him doing that, we decided that I would take a bath with him each night so the water level could be higher. Well, just because you are in the tub with them does not mean that they still can't face dive. He did one night and when I reached to grab him, I slipped down and James was too far away to get him, so when I finally got him, he was under for long enough to freak out. But he didn't, he handled it amazingly. I was shocked. Now he dips his face in all the time.
He has a blast in the deeper water though, and of course it is extra fun to play in the tub with another person there too. We'll see how the transition happens when it gets warm again.
Sleeping at night has been great. (I might have posted this before so forgive me if I already did) The rule is, once we put him down for the night and the rail comes up, he doesn't come out until morning. This worked great until he got a cold. It was horrible. He cried for about 2 hours until I realized that his nose had been a little stuffy before bed. We got him about 2am and let him sleep with us. Big mistake. I slept horrible. I hate these little speed bumps it seems like one night can ruin months of good stuff! Well, we are back to him sleeping well, but it took some work again after the cold went away. Now, it is nap time that is a nightmare. I now come to one of the reasons for no posts in a while. He started having issues with naps and would not sleep unless I laid down with him or unless I held him the entire time. Once he hit the crib he would wake up and freak out, no matter how deeply he had just been sleeping. So I just took naps with him or held him. He is such a noise sensitive sleeper that I couldn't do anything! Very frustrating. I finally realized that because I was literally with him all day, I wasn't getting any down time and I decided that it needs to stop. So, I let him cry it out. Since he has been doing this during the night, it was familiar and didn't last too horribly long. I think he just knows, once that rail comes up, there isn't any point. I just started today, so hopefully it stays like that.
The other day, I had a little melt down. I don't sleep well at night because I am tossing and turning all night. My body seems to hurt more when I sleep than it does during the day. So after my melt down, James said that we need a new mattress. I was stressed out about getting one, but since we are going to get our tax return any day, it made it possible to get one. It was just delivered tonight and I am so excited to go to sleep tonight!!! The one thing that makes me sad is that we upgraded to a King size mattress and I made the duvet cover for our Queen bed.... I might be able to make it bigger to fit a King, but I am not sure yet. I know that this isn't a BIG deal, but since I made it, it has special meaning to me.
I know that there is more to post about, but for now, I think I am blogged out. I will try to post pics of the fireplace and my old duvet cover soon.
Oh, and a few recipes as well.
1 comment:
Being a parent is hard. It is all about learning and figuring stuff out. Sometime it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But hopefully things will get better for all of you. How is the new mattress?
Post a Comment