Yes, thats right, I am going to post about how fun it is to collect pee from a baby and other things about today. Well, in the last post I described the pee catching thingy and I told most of the story of trying and it not working out and how we decided to try this morning. We started the morning with me waking up before anyone else and feeling Grrrrreat! (like Tony the tiger) Shortly after that, Landon stood up in his crib and started playing. It is always when James doesn't go to work in the morning that Landon either wakes up happy or he sleeps in. Whatever, I'll take what I can get! Oh, and the reason that I know that he stood up and played in the crib is because, I decided to use $100 of my Christmas money from my parents and by a video baby monitor. My girlfriend that has 3 kids got it as a baby shower gift and said it was the mommy tool she never knew she needed. I decided after much debating, that when Landon was having a screaming fit after being put to bed (and the time when his legs and arms got stuck in the rails of the crib) that with the monitor, I would know when he was in trouble and when he was just mad. I had just decided not to get it and James said, if it is going to take away the stress of bedtime, it is worth the $100. My mom also said that the price of a normal monitor anyways is already at least half of that price. (Ours is used, so I don't really remember how much they are)
Okay, sorry for that very long explanation. I finally woke James up to have him go and try to feed Landon some formula. He tried for about 20 minutes to a half hour. Not gonna happen. Then he brought them both to me, as I was trying to be non-existent in our room. I tried the bottle as well. It has a pretty good hole in the nipple so if I could get his mouth open it kind of trickled in. But then I started to feel like a bully and just nursed him. We saved the formula for rice cereal at lunch. Yuck. You have to understand, he never really did rice cereal (because it is NASTY), so this is kind of crappy for him right now.
After breakfast, we put the pee catcher back on and took showers and played and just waited. Usually he has a good diaper within the hour. Well, I don't know if the pee catcher just felt weird or what, but when I checked it was empty and so was the diaper. So, I decided to be bold. I got a bottle with apple juice, took his diaper off, grabbed a towel (in case he decided now was a good time to poop) and sat with him and held him while he drank apple juice and we watched Sesame Street. And what do you know, he peed and it stayed in the bag! So then, I had to figure out how to get it off, not spill it, get the diaper back on and so forth. I am happy to say that it went well and we were off to the lab. Before we left, the Dr. office called and said that his labs were within normal limits. Not sure how I feel about that... I guess I just have more questions. The appt for the Gastrologist is in the beginning of April and hopefully by then we can get some weight on and cancel it altogether.
Then we got a call from the local garage that we get our cars worked on and they said that the crack in the windshield is not going to let our car pass inspection. We have to have the whole windshield replaced. Apparently the rule is, if it goes up or down within an inch or so, it won't pass inspection. That sucks, we must have mentioned our tax return while in the car. And in about 5,000 miles, we will have to do the timing belt replacement which will be about $400-500. Sweet! I am just glad that things aren't worse. James's car is running great and that is a huge blessing.
I know that this is another long post with probably too much information, but hey this is our life.
Oh, one great thing that happened is Wednesday my old Young Women's teacher called me and ordered a baby blanket and tag-a-long that she needed to get by today. She lives in Utah and the shipping to get it there would have been $26. We decided to go with regular shipping about $5 something and it got there today anyways! How great is that?!
1 comment:
Glad things are going at least. That you can cover things, and that things are not worse :) And that you are brave enough to sit with a nakie baby. Good mommy!
Post a Comment