Saturday, October 31, 2009

Landon's first Halloween

Our little Monkey was a monkey for his first Halloween!
This is for you Candy! xoxo

Bum shot! Look at the cute tail!

Landon had so much fun tonight!

Amanda was a fabulous witch and she sure caught Landon's eye...

The bag says MONKEY TREATS

Brendan Black was our first official Trick or Treat house. He was great and posed with Landon for this historical moment.

Landon loved Brendan

Mommy with her favorite monkey on her birthday. Last year in the 20's...

Checking out Mom with that cute tail hanging out.
Trying to open a Twix for Mommy.

Haley and Bailey (both dressed as Cinderella, their favorite Princess)
Caitlin (also Cinderella)
*James's mother made all of these dresses by the way *

Natalie was a fairy. She loves to be held by whom ever is holding Landon. Not sure if she feels threatened, or just loves babies...
Today was Landon's first Halloween. It has been so long since I have gone Trick or Treating that I forgot how much I love the whole experience. It was even drizzling the whole time, but I loved it. I can't wait until next year when Landon is walking! All in all I think he got maybe 5 pieces of candy. And of course he was extra cute with his Got Candy bib and monkey treat bag.
It is almost 11pm right now as I am blogging and he is still wide awake just hanging out in his jumper. Church will be interesting tomorrow...
I turned 29 this year and my niece Samantha turned 12 today. I am so excited for her to have the Young Women experience at church! So crazy to see kids grow up so quickly! Today at the store, this man commented that I look like I am 13. I just laughed and told him that he needs to look closer at all my gray hair.
I am so grateful for all the things I have experienced in my life this far. The good, the bad, the easy, the hard, the REALLY hard... it has made me who I am. And it has made me strong in the areas that I need to be strong in. Of course, I still have a lot of work to do in other areas, but that is why we live so long, right?
I also want to say to my Mom, thanks for your hard work in bringing me into the world. (Now that I know what is involved in being pregnant and giving birth and the work that goes into being a mom) You are an amazing lady and I am blessed to be born into the family that I was.














4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Landon is a super cute monkey! He will enjoy it even more as the time goes on. I have to admit, alot of holidays had lost their luster a bit. But, now, when Kari gets excited now, it makes everything worth it. And happy birthday!

Colette said...

Halloween is a lot more fun with kids! I didn't realize I'm only 5 years older than you.

Laura said...

Love that monkey man! Such a fun day to celebrate your Birthday!

Magic Marker said...

Landon looks so cute! The first Halloween is so much fun:)