Thursday, October 29, 2009

Getting out of the house







Yesterday, I decided that I couldn't live with the smelly trash in our garage, over flowing recycling bin, and empty refrigerator any longer. (This is what happens during craft season time) So, before Landon's morning nap, we made a run to the dump. I had about 5 stinky trash bags, tons of cardboard boxes, and a bin and a large trash bag full of recycling. (we don't have trash service out here in the country, luckily the dump is about 2 minutes away from our house) So, I loaded everything up (having to unpack the car from the craft show on Saturday. Is that sad or what?) and off we went. (Two minutes down the road) I emptied the car in record time and moved on to the recycling containers. I finished everything but the cans and of course yesterday turned out to be a nice day in the 70's. Well, on nice days, the bees come out. And it just so happened that they were all over the aluminum cans (that probably still had soda in them). So I very carefully got rid of my aluminum and went back to the car, got in and came face to face with a hornet. Nice. I immediately got out and it chased me (which was good, because I didn't want it to get Landon who was helplessly trapped in his car seat) all over the dump lot. I finally lost it, or it lost interest in me... I gave the dump attendant some entertainment for the morning at least...
So then, after his morning nap we went to the grocery store. I just purchased a shopping cart cover for him and he LOVES it! Can you tell? He was like this through out the entire store. He wasn't even interested in his toys, because he was so excited about his big boy seat and new view in the shopping cart. Gosh, he is growing up so fast!
We met a few people that were enamored with him and he is having fun meeting strangers now.
One lady told me that she would never get anything done with a sweet baby like him. It made me feel a little guilty about not paying enough attention to him lately.
The lady at the check out said that he looked just like me. Which I was surprised at. And then she saw his face and said, "Well, he looks like you from behind..." What kind of comment is that? I know, Landon and I don't look alike really at all, but he definitely does certain things like me. For example: I have to rub my foot on something when I go to sleep to soothe me. He does that too. (I know that is a baby thing, but let me just pretend for a while)
I also decided that James and I needed a break. So I rented two movies at the Red Box (who doesn't love the Red Box? And if you don't know about it yet, you need to find out where one is. Movies for a dollar!)
We made a real dinner, for the first time in a long time. And I thought James said that he needed four cups of water when he said a fourth cup of water... It still tasted fine...
We watched the movies last night and had to rock Landon most of the time. While he has been having a hard time teething (since Saturday night), the best remedy to his crying has been to swaddle him and hold him tight. He is just content to be like that forever (which can be a back killer, yes that is right, I am back to having back pain all the time). I am just glad that I did all my work and that I have the time to rock and hold him without anything else on my mind. James got tired of rocking him and laid him on the couch next to me, swaddle and all and we all watched Transformers. I hoped a couple of times that it wouldn't give him nightmares, but soon after, he started turning his head towards me and closing his eyes. So off to bed he went. Then about 2:30am he woke up to nurse. After putting him back to sleep I came back in our bedroom to find the lights on in the bathroom and James missing from bed. I opened the door and James wasn't in the toilet room (don't know how else to refer to it), or in the tub, so I called his name and he was in the shower. I asked him why he was taking a shower and he said, "what do you mean?" So I told him that is was 2:30am and he didn't say a thing and then, " Are you serious?"
Okay I know this has been a really long post about really boring stuff, but this is the stuff that I really missed those last few weeks of sewing. So, thanks for listening.


3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

All about the day in the life! Everyone needs to get out of the house sometime. Did James think it was morning time already? Poor guy.... :p

Anonymous said...

I love the car seat cover. I saw one the other day and wanted to find one. We have one of the old style ones but I think the straps are too cute!!

Laura said...

This is such a fun age when they're SO smiley!