Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday James!

James is really hard to get gifts for.  There isn't much that he wants or needs.  This year, when we were cleaning out the woods and brush, he found this really great walking stick for hiking.  (which we haven't done in a really long time)  As soon as I saw it, the wheels in my brain started turning.  I decided to carve the things he loves into it along with all the nicknames he has accumulated in his life.  (I might have missed a few)
I took it to my brother in laws house and he gave me the tool to burn into the wood.  When I was done, he helped me to wrap some leather cording around where we figure a good hand grip would be.  Well James really liked it.  I am so glad he found that stick!
 There is a trail in the woods, right by our house (really, just twenty feet past our property).  We went on a walk the other day and found Landon the perfect walking stick too!  I really think it must have been from the same tree even.  

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Very thoughtful! And relatively cheap :) Great job!