Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Birthday Bash

Every year, we throw a Cinco de Mayo party and then do birthday cake for James and Landon the last two years.  We have a Mexican feast and the whole family spends time together.  This year, we could only do it on a Sunday.
 This is Landon's two year old shirt I made him.
 Uncle Kim and Aunt Carol gave us their old swing set right before the party.  What a special gift!  Thanks guys!
 Landon's favorite movie at the time was How to Train Your Dragon.  So we made him a birthday cake trying to show the part where Toothless is stuck in that Valley.  I know, not my best work, but he LOVED it!

 He loved it when everyone started singing Happy Birthday, look at that grin!





He went right for the green fondant shrubbery. (yeah, I know, it doesn't look like shrubbery until you really use your imagination.  Good thing kids have a big imagination!)

No comments: