Okay, so I am still pretty behind on some posts that I would like to do before going back to updating (hopefully) daily, but I have to share the news!
The insurance paid the money back to us! Almost all of it. We aren't sure what is going on with the last little bit of it, but they paid so much of the remaining amount that we decided we don't care. I still can't believe it!
I am so thankful to my brother (a former insurance lawyer), my dad and other brother (who is kind of a genius) who helped me to make my appeal letter what it needed to be. I have no idea what made them finally pay it. The authorization letter they sent me months ago proving that they pre-authorized everything, or my sob story about losing our job and other such issues, or just playing that "Last Christmas we lost our job, please make this Christmas better by honoring your contract and paying us back our $4000.00". Don't know, and probably never will, but I am so glad that it is finally over and I feel like such a different person! I feel like I weigh so much lighter now that this burden is over and done with.
The funny thing is that the night before, I was having trouble falling asleep and I started having doubts that they would pay it and wondered how I would react when that happened. I finally had to make myself think of other things to be able to go to sleep. Then last night, James came home from work, quietly opened the mail and said, "Guess what I am holding?" Of the many things it possibly could have been, I laughed and said, "A check for $4000.00?" and he said, almost $4,000.00!" I couldn't believe it!
Of course, after making a few excited phone calls, I had to take a minute to cry. Happy, relieved, and thankful tears of course!
Now having said all this and shared this wonderful news, I also feel that I need to take a minute and express my love, fear and hope for all of those families in Haiti. My problems, so huge to me, are nothing compared to the devastation they are living right now. My prayers are with them.
5 comments:
What great news and relief! You can finally move on. :)
Kista,
I'm so glad you were payed back. Good for you for not giving up.
Kaisie:)
Yay!!!! I can't beleive they finally turned around! Maybe the Lord was trying to teach you patience ;)
I am so glad that this nightmare is over for you guys. Sometimes I wonder if the insurance companies just hope that you'll give up and you didn't! I also agree about Haiti. Our thought and prayers are with them....
I am so glad that things worked out. You did it! That's great. We've been missing your posts! Get posting :)
Post a Comment