Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ward Christmas Party



Grandma and Joan singing with Haley, Bailey, Caitlin (the primary kids) and Natalie and Landon went along too
Elf ears

For our Ward party this year, we were not part of the activities committee (yippee!). But we decided that we wanted to help out by setting up tables and chairs. It was a good thing that we did because there was a lot of snow that day as well and we were the only ones there to set them up. The party was great! It was extremely simple and after years of our ward parties being "over the top", and killing myself to make it over the top one year (James and I even made a life size Santa's sleigh), I just sat in awe. It was simple yet perfect. My father in law even said that it was the best party so far. There was no Santa, which led me to think about whether or not it was a big deal that Landon didn't have a picture with Santa for his first Christmas. After about a week and listening to every one's opinion, I decided that it would be okay to not have one.

The outfit Landon is wearing was a gift from my Aunt Donna. I actually got it the day after he was born and thought it looked HUGE. Well, I don't know if you can tell, but it is too small for him. Oh well, atleast we got the picture! It is so cute!!!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

The outfit is super cute! And the elf ears picture is one for the Christmas card!