Sunday, January 10, 2010

Catch up

Love this shot!
Landon loves to just chill out with James
I love my smiley boy!
Playing on James's lap
Checking out our musical Santa pillow
I love to watch them play together
He just whacked himself with the remote
Filling up the bathtubCuddling with a pillow
Chillin on James's lap with my phone
Cruisin
Watching Super Why on my pink lap top when our tv wasn't working
This month has been a whirlwind of things. Between Landon standing on his own, starting to enjoy more baby food flavors and finally getting over his gag reflex to be able to eat puffs, to sitting in the tub on his own, to getting 6 swollen places on his top gums to our first Christmas... etc, it has been crazy.
Let's start with eating. Landon loves sweet potatoes and carrots only. Fruit he loves only bananas. I thought that maybe he didn't like pears and apples because of the grittiness, and the peaches we had tried were super bitter. So, we kept trying and then one day, he ate some puffs (without throwing up from gagging) and then he just started eating the pears and applesauce. It has been amazing to see this just change over night. Well, now I have even started making his sweet potatoes and carrots on my own. He took a day or two to adjust (I am sure this is due to my needing to get the consistency right), and now he loves them. I tried doing bananas, but when the air hits them (pureeing and mashing), it just turns it into something funky texture wise and he gags. I'll just have to keep buying that one until he can eat pieces of banana. (which I am sure won't be long) I haven't gotten bold enough to make fruit yet. James has allergies to fruit and I don't want to push things yet. (besides, fruit isn't that great in the winter)
Making the baby food has been really fun. And puffs, boy are they magic! More on that later.
Sitting in the tub on his own, bath time is just so much more fun now! Okay, so about that chair that I posted pics of earlier. Totally overrated. I hated it. Used it once, maybe twice. I don't get the point of it. The bath lounger that we had was more than enough for him until he could sit on his own. And it is cheap at Wal-Mart and easy to wash. We just got a non-skid bath mat and he sits on that. It is fun to watch him scoot around to get toys and try to lower his chest into the water when he gets cold. Sometimes when he think he is cold we lay him back and he loves that too. He can play in there for hours. The other night, he spotted the drain and just started going for it. Two days later, he started crawling. Go figure!
Swollen gums: right before Christmas, I noticed his upper lip was much farther out than his bottom lip. Having my jaw grow incorrectly when I was a kid, and having to have surgery as a teenager, I started to worry. Then I noticed that his gums were super swollen. It took me a little prodding, but he finally let me look and he had his 6 top teeth all swollen. The first two are finally out, the next two on top are starting to get close and I am not sure about the bicuspids next to those. We shall see. My little boys smile is about to change some more.
I know that there is more than I am forgetting, but for now, this is all I can think of.



2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Dylan gagged (and threw up) on cheerios too. But he finally got the hang of things, and it is magical how things just take off.... Our little boys are growing up :/

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

PS- love the picture of James and Landon cuddling! Something about a daddy and his baby will do it to me every time :)