Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Storm 2009

There was at least two feet in the backyard. You can kind of see from this pic.

Ready to catch snowflakes on my tongue!

Having a tough time getting the Binky with all the extra padding.

Finally, I am free!

This is Landon next to some snow by our back door. Over to the left, the snow drifted up against the house up to James's waist. (sorry, didn't get a pic)

What do you think, Landon?

This is our driveway. The snow didn't pile as high in the front of the house.

Driveway and sidewalk and porch under the snow.

Our picnic table in the side yard.

More of the front porch.

You can just see our neighbor in the orange tractor to the middle left of the picture. On Saturday night, he started to plow the dirt road we all live off. (about five families) He then proceeded to plow our driveway, how awesome is that?! It turned out to be a huge blessing because James had to work the next afternoon.







Well, we still have snow here from this storm. It has been in the teens and twenty degrees at night, so everything is icy. It has been nice that the days have been sunny, so there is some melting going on. I was a little sad because it was too windy for Landon to be outside and he couldn't play in the snow, but I know that there will be more snow for him to enjoy later in his life.

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I want snow!!! Well, maybe I don't. I don't want to have to drive on it, or shovel it. And, I LOVE the picture with him by the window and James's (?) hand holding him up. Something about the light and his face :) Great job!