In my catch up post, I forgot some pretty big stuff regarding sleeping. About a month or so ago, I decided it was time to lower Landon's crib mattress. We did and he loved it. We took the bumper put and he loves to see us come in the room. Of course, it makes it all the trickier to leave sometimes. It was so weird to sit in the rocking chair and look around at the changes to Landon's room making him a big boy. I'll come back to sleeping in a minute.
Shortly after this event, I went to take a shower. When I showered I would put Landon in his bouncy chair and let him play with the toys that dangle and some others that he likes in case he gets bored. I'm sure you know, that after chopping off my hair, showers are pretty fast for me now. So this one day, I put the chair on the floor in front of the tv in our bedroom and turned on some show he really likes. When I got out of the shower, I heard some weird noises and grunting and looked over to see Landon had bent over to be able to pull himself up and under the hanging toy thingy and then sat forward and just grinned at me! What in the world! I laughed because it was funny and extremely unexpected, but then he started laughing too and did it a few more times. So the next day I went to take a shower and forgot about his new fun thing to do. Luckily, he reminded before I actually got into the shower. I deliberated for a moment as to what to do. There was no way I was fast enough to get showered and out before he flipped the chair over on himself and with my luck, I would be all soapy when it happened. So I finally decided to go downstairs and get his monkey jumper thingy, but of course I was ready to step right into the shower (if you know what I mean) and had to grab something to cover myself, but didn't grab the smartest thing when I was downstairs and realized that I had to use both hands to carry the awkwardly mammoth thing upstairs and almost killing myself because it hit the top stair and I almost got sent right back down them. I am just glad that our neighbors had not taken that particular moment to be traipsing through our yard by those particular windows to chop firewood from our back woods. Anyways, so he now plays in the monkey jumper thingy while I shower because I don't trust him not to kill himself while I shower in his bouncy chair.
Now, back to sleeping stuff. New Years Eve we decided not to have anyone over and just have it be the two of us this year. Well... it was an interesting night. Landon did not sleep at all! Ugh. We both spent half the night with him. Him screaming and us trying to comfort him. We think it was the teething (the 4 to 6 teeth on top I mentioned before). Of course, we had given him everything we could think of: Motrin, teething tablets, Orajel. He also had a little cold that he seems to get when the teeth are about to break through. Fun. I think I hate teething more than the hernia... maybe not...
Anyways, we decided the next night, both of us being sleep deprived and all to just put him to bed and let him scream it out because there is nothing that we can do. So we did. He cried for maybe an hour and slept until 3am. I nursed him and then he cried for about 20 minutes and woke up fairly happy. So we kept it up. A few nights later, his cry turned into a sort of different noise. I went to check on him and guess who was standing at the crib rail? So glad we lowered it in time. A couple of nights later, he was crying and then screaming. James went to check on him and his legs were both sticking out through the rails and he was on his back screaming. How on earth did he even get that way? So now, we can't just let him cry it seems. One morning after that,about 1am he had been crying for about 45 minutes and I went in to make sure he wasn't stuck again and he was just sitting there, FREEZING! I am pretty frustrated. Don't really know what to do. If it was summer and I didn't have to worry about legs and arms getting stuck in the rails, I would just let him cry and do the tough love, time to sleep thing, but I obviously can't do that now... any ideas? I am going on my third night of sleeplessness here today... barely functioning too. hope this post makes sense.
Landon just had his first food allergy rash. I really think it is tomatoes (let him try some of my spaghetti sauce), but James wants to go back to store bought baby food. I really don't think it was the home made stuff because he has had it for two weeks now... Anyways, Landon does not sleep with Benadryl, it makes him wake up. (Can you seethe smile on my face?) So tired....
I know that there was more to post about... Brain not functioning at 100%.
Wow, you should have seen the spelling errors I just fixed.... :)
4 comments:
Sometimes the tough love is all you can do. If it makes you feel better, you may want to put the bumper back up. It may keep him from getting stuck. Or, you can go in and check on him periodically (or leave the door open so you can see... I don't know how your bed is set up) but leave without too much patting/assistance. Sometimes what babies do is so funny... Sometimes, it just makes us super tired! Good luck!
Great updates of the last month! He's getting so big! Good job standing already Landon! I hope this mass teething stage passes quickly.
I also would put the bumper back and it could aid in the unability to get the legs through. Also get some of those super warm flannel footed pj's to help with the cold. Stephen's grandma just bought some for the boys and we experienced our first whole nights sleep kidless without a one waking up and I think it was the pj's (even some big enough for zack!!) But yes, kids will do the funniest things but they thrive on schedules and continuity so keep up the (very) hard work and it will pay off. Good Luck!
I'm with Mrs. Smith- put the bumper back in. Our kids have had the same problem and the bumper solves that. If you are worried about him getting cold with no blankets, dress him in fleece footed sleepers and count it good. Add a onesie underneath if you want, but those things will keep anyone warm.
Post a Comment