Our first Christmas together was all that I could have wanted it to be. We started the morning with the traditional Cowboy Coffee Cake and home made egg nog. Landon had bananas and then we did stockings and gathered around the tree and opened gifts. We didn't have many gifts, which is how I prefer it to be. Landon got one gift just from Mommy, a picture book. I put together a little album with photos of our family and friends all centered around him. Then he got a gift from Mommy and Daddy and then one from Grandma and Grandpa Alba. Later we went to Grandma and Grandpa Marker's house to be with the big family and have dinner and presents as well. It was a great day and the first Christmas I have been excited about in a really long time.
James and I agreed not to buy gifts for each other this year. As it got closer to Christmas, I was having a hard time keeping to that agreement. James kept mentioning a meat cookbook over and over. I knew that it was at Wegmans so on the day before Christmas Eve, I took Landon out to Wegmans and tried to find it. After looking for ever, the closest I came was to the free handout (which is actually a really nice and well made booklet) near the meat department. I took it home and decided that it would just stand in for whatever book it was he wanted. I wrapped it up and put it under the tree. Come to find out, when he opened it, it was exactly what he wanted! It turns out he misplaced the one we had and that is what he meant by getting the meat cooking book. So funny.
3 comments:
Noah got the "Here comes Trouble" shirt for Christmas from my mom.
I am so glad your Christmas went well! I am kinda jealous you had Christmas morning by yourself. We haven't done that yet. But, at the same time I am not sure I want to. Anyway, I think you should post the recipe for Cowboy Coffee Cake :)
Kista I love the updates! Landon is so adorable. I can't wait to see you guys sometime, soon hopefully. Meet me at Rebecca's this weekend?:)
Post a Comment