These photos are of a secret project I have been working on since the summer. My good friend Ryan wanted to surprise his wife Amanda with a quilt for their anniversary. He wanted it to be big, so I decided on a Queen size. And he wanted it to be about their relationship, so we decided to embroidery quotes and dates important to their relationship on it. Her favorite flowers are daisies, tulips and sunflowers, so I also made some of those. I made each flower so that as it gets washed, the petals will curl. This is by far the largest project I have taken on so far. Ryan picked out all of the fabric and at first, I didn't know how it would look, but it looks amazing together! They went on a cruise for their anniversary and his plan was to have the crew put it on the bed before they got to their room. I haven't heard yet as to whether or not that happened, they get back soon. She e-mailed me to tell me that she loves it. So glad the secret is over!
Finished product
Close up
Sunflower
Daisy
Mini heart
Big heart
A date important to them
Tulip
The back fabric is white with gold sunflowers.
Landon got his cousin Kara for Christmas this year, so we picked out a jacket and embroidered a butterfly and her name on it.
This was Landon at the last craft show this year. The little boy next to us and lady across from us were very entertained by him that day. The lady even gave him a toy duck she liked him so much.
All in all, I am glad to say that my Quilts by Kista projects for 2009 are over. We'll see how 2010 goes. I have some new ideas, but time in the sewing room is tough with a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment