Sunday, September 6, 2009

Soccer player already???

This weekend Scott, Jes and the girls made a surprise trip up from Charlotte, NC to visit. We went to the pool on Saturday afternoon and as usual, James and I took turns with Landon while the other went swimming. It was my turn and Landon and I had gotten pretty toasty in the sun (this was also the one time that neither or us had any sun screen on) so I was using this little water ball to cool him down without him getting too cold. (The nights have been really cold at night, so the water was too cold for him to enjoy) I was kind of zoned out for a moment (needed a nap badly) and when I looked down I saw that Landon had taken the ball out of my grasp and was balancing it between his feet. Check it out! It was pretty cool.

Also, that morning we were getting ready and he was chilling in our bed and had a little cough. So James coughed at him and then the next thing you know they were coughing back and forth. It was hilarious and of course I didn't have the camera near by. Then last night before bed he was nursing and he would stop and grin at me and then nurse again, then stop and repeat it over and over until I was giggling and that made him want to do it more... Such a funny little guy! His personality has certainly come out! He has been trying to find his laugh lately. He makes these noises that sound like a cough, yell, cry. I hope he finds his laugh soon, that noise is just concerning...

Another thing he has started doing is he laces his fingers through mine when nursing. I love it!

James is working his first Sunday shift tonight. It makes me sad just because I know that Landon has to get a bath from boring old Mommy tonight. Oh well, one night a week won't kill him! He'll just realize how much fun those nights really are.

3 comments:

Magic Marker said...

Cute that he is holding your hand while nursing! Glad you got to spend time with Scott and family....

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Cute video! Dylan makes the same screaming/laugh sound. Babies are so cute!!!!

Laura said...

It's so fun to see him growing so fast! He's so cute in that jumper! Very active!