I forgot to mention in my last post that Landon is not napping during the day and if he does it does not last very long. It has been going on for about three weeks now. The last week has been pretty miserable to say the least. On Sunday night I decided, well, if I am not going to get any sleep anyways, I might as well take this opportunity to take the boppy out and try and graduate him to the crib. That way when he is asleep James and I don't have to tip toe around and pray that when we climb into the squeaky bed, it won't wake him up. So, I did it. All by myself too, because it was Sunday night, I try to let James sleep as much as possible to start off the week right. I did indeed wake up every two hours. At one point I had the most horrible dream as well. It was incredibly real. I dreamt that I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep and I heard creaking in the stairwell and then a woman whispering on the baby monitor. I was terrified and I couldn't move or talk. It took me several minutes to move my hand enough to try and wake James. I pinched and patted and hit and tugged at the blankets and finally he woke up and I could barely whisper that a woman was in Landon's room and to hurry and protect our baby. As soon as he got out of bed the dream took a turn for the weird and then I knew that I was dreaming, but that first little bit was a nightmare! I hope that never happens again. But I know it will. I have had several dreams like this since we moved into this house. We live in the woods off a quiet driveway and I always dream that someone is breaking in. I hate it!
ANYWAYS... yesterday Landon went back to his not napping at all during the day. I was so worried that he wouldn't sleep in the crib again last night that every time I put him down for a nap, I put him in the crib. The longest nap lasted a half hour. He probably slept for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours yesterday. He was so tired last night that he was ready for bed by 8pm. So we put him down and about a half hour later he was up again. (Did I mention that this has been going on for quite a while... some nights we have to put him to bed about 5 times before he sleeps for the night)
So, after talking to my good friend Heather and asking her advice we decided to let him cry it out. We have tried this before on several occasions and it has not worked. One night he went four hours before we all needed to sleep and we gave up. Well, last night it worked! He cried himself to sleep and it was a fabulous night! He only woke up once. Hopefully this continues. It is weird not to have him in the same room and have to be quite when I turn over in bed, but I think I can get used to it. :)
The weather out here has gone from hot and steamy to chilly and clear! I love it so much! We went for a walk last night and it was wonderful! I think that we will have to take advantage of this weather as much as possible. I know that soon it will be cold. This summer went by way too fast! Oh another highlight to my weekend: I was able to squeeze my way back into my favorite pair of pre-pregnancy shorts! They are still a little tight, but not embarrassingly so and it was enough to motivate me and keep my spirits up about losing the rest of this weight that I gained.
No comments:
Post a Comment