Thursday, August 6, 2009

Landon's blessing day

Love the dramatic throwing the head back and opening in a big WAH! He does that when he is tired and can't take anymore. I love it, it is so stinking cute!
Happy right before church in his blessing outfit.

Grandpa and Grandma Alba

This is our second attempt at these pictures, the first time we took them they all had Landon crying in them...

Hey, it is nice not to be the lightest one in the picture for once! I'm sure it won't last long though. By the time he is ten he'll probably be taller than me and have a much better tan than me too!
Well, Landon's blessing day was the day right after our trip home from the beach. The trip home was way too long and Landon had the beginnings of his first cold.
Crap-etty crap crap!
James started to loose his voice the day before the blessing and the last time they needed the portable microphone in church, they couldn't find it. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to hear the blessing that I started praying that Landon wouldn't be fussy for the blessing so that I could hear it. We always sit in the back, but when we got to church and they still didn't know where the mic was, we went right to the front. At the last minute they found it and then we found out that three babies were being blessed that morning. I was so stressed out because I knew that it was nearing the end of Landon's happy awake time and he would start crying soon.
Landon was the last to be blessed so I immediately took him outside to calm him down before it was his turn. Luckily the blessings went quickly and I brought him back in just in time for James to bless him. Landon didn't fuss once during the blessing! Prayers do get answered, even if they are kinda silly ones : )





1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Not silly that you wanna know the blessing Landon will get! And glad things worked out :)