Yesterday I went to visit a new Sister on my visiting teaching list. My companion and I met there and I got to the apartment complex just before she did. I found the visitor parking just as she was trying to get the right password in at the front gate. I was so distracted in giving her the right password and showing her where I was in the parking lot, that I never turned off the car, but I closed my door and went to get Landon out. I got him out and then went to get the diaper bag from the passenger side when I realized I left the car on. So I reached over to turn off the car and completely forgot that I had my lights on. We visited with this Sister for over two hours and then when I went to turn on my car, it was completely dead! My companion didn't have jumper cables, so I hung out at my new friend's house until her husband came home with their jumper cables and got my car started. I was actually nursing Landon and he did everything for me. What a great guy! And it was one of the hottest days of the summer. So glad that this was a friend already and not an inactive that was annoyed at my visit to begin with! On the way home, Landon fell asleep and I never even knew it! This is a first for him. Usually he gets fussy before he falls asleep in the car. So I couldn't resist the picture perfect moment.
Oh, by the way, no car seat toys have been interesting at all to Landon until we got these linking toys thingies. He loves them! Notice how he fell asleep holding them? It is great for teaching him how to grab and let go. Yesterday I put my sunglasses in the car seat with him and then next thing I knew he had them and was waving them all around! I guess I have to be more careful from now on...
1 comment:
Cute picture.. You can tell what is important to him :) Sometimes, they are just so tired, they can't even get the energy to fuss...
Post a Comment