Happy Father's Day! I had some pretty big ideas planned for Father's Day, but once we got there, I felt a little deflated, so we just did simple stuff. We had one of my brother's knot up a bunch of ties and then we attached each one to a ribbon and then my niece cut out the letters to spell Happy Father's Day. Then we got them each their own cup and filled it with candy. Then we taped a Hershey's candy bar to the front of the cup and it said Happy Father's Day on a homemade wrapper. Tada! They of course not knowing any better, loved it.
Mom got us all little tiara's to wear as we handed the dad's their candy cups.
Uncle Javier got a "thanks for being a great Uncle" cup.
For Family Home Evening we had a lesson from Grandma about family. We did a family Bingo game (I made my own bingo card with a picture of each person on the squares). My Sister-in-law wrote a song for our family. It is called Hold out for Amazing. (And I must say, it is AMAZING) Mom surprised us all with an album for each of our families with the Alba heritage in it. It also was AMAZING. And then, as a gift to Mom and Dad for getting us all together. We made a family tree wall hanging for their home that we presented to them.
Each flower represents a girl and each leaf is a boy.
Okay, and last but not least (of the random activities), we had a birthday party for everyone. Since we all live so far away from each other and never get to celebrate birthdays, we had a birthday party for everyone. We each got our own cupcake to decorate, we played games from Minute to Win It, Samantha (my niece) and I tie dyed a shirt for all the grand kids and the grand finale was a pinata out in the yard. So much fun!
Minute to Win It: stack flat cakes on your forehead
Minute to Win It: Stack Blocks on a paper plate on your head
Tie Dye (do you like the earring in my ear?)
Minute to Win It: Ping Pong tic tac toe
Decorate your own cupcake
Whack!
Candy!
I swear, that lollipop had several flies all over it, it fell on the ground a few times and then in that nasty puddle on the slip and slide. It sure was tasty though!
Yes, she is eating a snake, but don't worry, it won't bite her.
Minute to Win It: Pedometer on your head game
I think they were dropping mentos into coke bottles and they exploded. What a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment