Monday, May 4, 2009

38 week update

Okay, so I had my appointment today and no, there were no changes with my cervix, BUT, the baby is now 2 inches LOWER!!! My uterus is literally 3 inches above my belly button where as two weeks ago, it was up in my sternum.... I am so uncomfortable! He is now kicking and punching areas that I never thought he could get access to... So, how much longer do you think it will be??? Hopefully soon, not just for my comfort, but I am so ready for him to be here in my arms, not my belly (anymore). : )
I asked the Dr. why the top of my stomach seemed to be so mushy, he just smiled and said, "Well, that is where the baby used to be. Now it is all you." (Big grin followed that comment) I said, "No wonder I feel so crammed!"
Okay, so James spoke with his manager and starting next week, he is going to work from our local office so that he can be near by when the baby is ready to be born. I am so grateful for that! Now I just have to make it until at least Friday...
My mom called me last week and told me that my dad is coming out for a couple days over Memorial Day weekend! I am so excited about this! I was sad that he wouldn't be here right after the baby will be born. He calls and always asks how his little one is doing. I can't wait for them to meet. James and my Dad are my two special guys, and now there will be a third special guy in my life... I like the thought of that.
Okay, so does anyone have any ideas of what to pack for the hospital that you don't think of off the top of your head?

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

"Now its just you"... How nice :) Keep up the good work baby growing. And, bring your pillow to the hospital. Maybe it will help you sleep more comfortably... :)

Katie said...

Your own pillow (the ones they give you are thin and not comfy), chapstick (panting really does a number on your lips) slipper socks, pen and paper (if you want to write down all the details.

Coburn Ohana said...

bring a comfortable nursing/sleeping bra. When I was working at the maternity store that was something we advised fellow preggers. Your rib cage opens up so you tend to wear a bigger bra size while pregnant (and if you are like me you also get 3 cups sizes bigger...UGH!)Motherhood sells a nice sleeping/nursing bra for like $12...and no sense in buying nursing bras (if you plan on nursing) before your milk comes in. You will be engorged and sore and will really have no idea what size to buy. So stick with the sleeping bra until then and then send James to buy your everyday nursing bras!