Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day at Wegmans


My Dad flew in for Memorial Day weekend. So, we decided that the one thing we wanted to do with him here, besides spending time with Landon, was to drive up to the Wegmans in Woodbridge and show them what Wegmans is all about. So we went and all I have to say is WOW! I am now super excited to have the Wegmans open up in a month here in Fredericksburg! There prices are great on the "normal people" food, and then of course, they have everything else you could ever want! I only got to see a third of the store, but it was amazing! And then we ate in their very nice/fancy food court. Very impressed. These pics are of us at our table.
While I was waiting at the table with Landon for everyone to bring the food up to the second level, I met a girl who had her baby just two days before me that was at the same hospital. It was really fun to chat with her. Small world, huh?
Then, last night, I found out that I might have to be careful with eating my favorite homemade food... Burritos. For those of you that have shared our famous burritos with us, I know you can see how sad this is... Oh well, I might try again with some of the baby gas drops, but I can't have another night like last night again for a while. I just wish I knew what was wrong with him last night. I would have driven to the store to get the gas drops then, if I had known...
Oh well, I guess new mothers have to learn all of these things the hard way, huh?
What else happened this weekend??? Well, when my Mom and I drove to pick up my Dad from the airport, there was a ton of new construction and some new signs on the freeway and we missed the exit for the airport... No big thing, right? Well, not if you live in TEXAS, where the freeways are built ingeniously! But out here in "lets build the freeways to be stupid- land" we got lost on another beltway for about two and a half hours. And that is after pulling off and asking directions right away! Of course, it was Memorial Day Weekend traffic that we were stuck in. So, I have to say, I am so glad that my little boy likes his car seat!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oh hon... So sorry you live in stupid freeway land (I totally understand and know how you feel!) And yes, it is unfortunately a trial and error kinda thing. I am finding out the hardway with that this time myself :/