Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Successful Night!

So, last night, we googled how to get a baby to sleep more at night, it said to keep the lighting low and not interact with baby when he is awake at night. Interact with him tons when he is awake during the day so that he learns it is more fun to be awake during the daytime. Well... it worked last night, not sure if it was a one time thing or not, but we shall see tonight. My mom was surprised to wake up to the sunlight at 8am! I even changed 3 poopey diapers within a 45 minute time period and he didn't freak out. Good stuff. I feel so energized today!
Thanks for the advice, you both seemed to say the same thing!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to congratulate you guys! CONGRATS! Your little man is so handsome! Kista, you're "da woman" for getting to an EIGHT without knowing it! I can't wait to see more off him.

About the sleeping more at night thing: I would get up and nurse McKenna, burp her, (all the while trying not to play with or engage her) and then imediately swaddle her and try to rock her back to sleep. Just like the website said, keep the lights and sounds low at night and it should help. He'll get his clock reset eventually. :) You guys are awesome!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay!!! Keep on truckin'! Good luck!