Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun Baby Stuff and the Facts of Life

We put the crib together the other night, thanks MOM! Can't wait to use it :)

I made a baby blanket for my little nephew, Brayson. I love how the name turned out! I am also making one to match for my little boy and my nephew that is due just a few days before me, Daniel. Daniel will have a blue Elephant and I am trying to make a monkey for my little boy... (Sorry, I tried uploading this picture several times and it just kept coming up vertical instead of horizontal... Don't know what the issue is)

So this is a picture of the monkey from the crib set that James's mom bought us. I am going to try and make my own version of it to put on my little boy's blanket... We shall see how it turns out. Lots of work involved with that...
Okay, so that Facts of Life... Well, my wonderful husband is NEVER sick... (I am the sick one) Well, of course, now that we have no insurance... James has bronchitis.
He has been sick since last week, with a low grade fever on and off. Loss of appetite. A cough that gets worse instead of better... Anyways, so last night, I called my mom (who has bronchitis right now) and asked her what made her go to the Dr., what were her symptoms? Pretty much the same exact symptoms as James. So, we made the decision to go to the Urgent Care. We went to one (I shall be nice and not name names), and they wanted to charge us all kinds of money or get us to buy a discount card... I won't go into details, but I was pretty perturbed. For those of you that don't know, insurance companies have contracts with Dr. offices and they get a VERY discounted rate. So self pay patients are bread and butter them. So when they not only want to charge me a ridiculous amount and then try to sell me some crap "discount card", I just want to call them out on the carpet and tell them what I really know and demand a discount.... But, poor James could barely sit up in his chair and it was 6:30pm. So we went to a different Urgent Care and their fee was $135.00 flat fee. No matter if he had other tests done or not. (The other place was $160.00 just for the visit and $275.00 if any tests or treatments were given.)
Anyways, so we went back and James got seen by a PA and he was so great. He had great personal skills. He was making small talk with James during the exam and asked James what he did for a living. Through his coughing James told him that he was unemployed. He then looked at me and said, "And I see that you are expecting here soon." I just laughed and told him that we would be okay, just don't let my husband die. He smiled and said, "Life insurance???" And I laughed and said, "Not anymore". So then after he finished with James's exam he said, "I'll be right back, I am going to see what I have in the closet." I was assuming cough drops and such, but he came back in with cough suppressant AND the antibiotics to treat bronchitis/pneumonia. I almost cried. I had no expectations other than going to get a prescription filled after we left (and who knows how much that would have been). He really went above and beyond for us.
So last night, James was almost able to sleep through the night without coughing. (It has been a rough couple of nights)
Okay, and then, I found out yesterday, that I might not have a job in a little over two weeks...(two months before the baby is due, not like anyone will hire me for two months) I know that we are going to be okay, I really am not stressing out over this(anymore), so you shouldn't either. Just the Facts of Life. I know that as long as James and I do what we are supposed to be doing in our lives and spiritually, we will be provided for. I am just glad that we are getting a tax refund soon. We will just have to live off of that.
If this sounds like I am bitter or complaining I really am not. I feel very peaceful about everything. Well... I have to admit, I HATE it when James gets sick! I would rather be sick than him. I just feel so helpless and don't know whether to call someone to give him a blessing or just let it run its course. Is this what it is going to feel like when my little one is sick too?
Baby updates:
I am in my seventh month and officially in my third trimester. This little boy has a favorite rib that he likes to kick. That is sooo fun! : ) And the last two nights, I THINK that he had the hiccups and I don't really think that he likes to have the hiccups, because he had a fit (or atleast it felt like he was having a fit)!
I am starting to be uncomfortable at night, and I have to have perfect posture when sitting(which I have never had all my life) otherwise I feel like I am suffocating. (One day at a time, right?) Other than that, I have no complaints. I still have to just laugh sometimes when he goes a little crazy. It is fun to watch my tummy receive SUPER kicks. Never a lack of entertainment.
The contractions are higher now, so I don't have to feel like I have to pee right after one all the time now. They feel different, but the same if that makes sense.
I get to do my glucose test this week. I am going Saturday morning. I am just going to have no expectations and get it over with. This is the last hurdle before delivery, right? : )
Okay, I think that is all of my updates...


1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay for good people who are kind and helpful! Boo to drs who just want money and are rude! The crib is beautiful, and the blankets are cute! I like the monkey. Also, I can totally empathize with you in the sleeping and sitting thing. It will get worse, but you don't have long left. PS- do you have any names you are working on yet?