Friday, February 6, 2009

Another Burden Lifted

While I was driving to work this morning, James called and told me that he had some really good news and wanted me to guess what it was. I said, "You got a job?!" He laughed and said, "No, but keep guessing..." I couldn't think of anything else to guess so he just told me...
He got unemployment!!!!!!!!!!
I can't tell you what a relief this is to us! Especially since he then told me what was left in our checking account (very little), and we just received a $230.00 electric bill.
(The thermostat has been at 64 degrees all winter and we are still turning on the fireplace and bundling in blankets... It has just been so cold...)
Anyways, this is absolutely fantastic news! James has an interview on Monday with Geico. Keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers for us...
Let's see what else...
I have finally started having the back pains and rib pains from this little guy in my belly. I figured out how to wear the belly support band, and that seems to help lift him enough to not put so much strain on my back muscles. It is kind of funny, because he is all belly and on my left side, I have this stretch of skin that is literally nothing but skin. I don't know if that makes sense, just imagine the supports on a suspension bridge and my skin looks like on of those supports. It is pretty funny.
I have started getting baby gifts. That is super fun! I can't wait to have this nursery put together. We registered at Target, and that was fun too! James went a little crazy registering with the gun, boys and their toys! The funny thing is he registered for a ton of onsies. I love it!
I want to take some preggo pictures (nice ones) soon. Hopefully pretty soon, because my belly isn't too huge yet.
Okay, I am just rambling now. Will post some pics soon, and hopefully have good news about the Geico interview!

2 comments:

jess and scott said...

Yeah. I am sure that takes at least some of the stress away. We'll be praying for you guys...

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Congrats to you guys! It can be such a blessing to have that kinda stuff! And have you looked into WIC (through your local health dept). It helps with groceries, etc. Keep hanging in there! You guys are doing great!