Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Interesting weekend...


Okay, so we put Tiger on Craig's List and found him a home. They came to pick him up on Saturday (Valentine's Day) and that was really hard for me. I've had a cat since I was about 10 years old. Then we went to the Library that we just found out was right near our house and became members and checked out movies, music, a computer game (didn't know they had computer software to check out), and several books. So, then we got home and checked the mail... and in our mail box was a letter from Geico. Well, good feedback from a job interview DOES NOT come in a letter. So, yeah, James didn't get the job. My heart just sank. I really didn't think that there would be any reason that he wouldn't get the job.
So, I was pretty bummed. Monday, I got some energy and started working on some blanket projects that I have needed to get working on for a while and realized that I needed some fabric. So we got in the car and drove into town to get that and my cell phone rang...
The people that took Tiger were calling saying that it wasn't going to work out. They had him for 1 1/2 days... That isn't enough time, but what can you do?
The husband said it is because he was popping all over the floor, well, I offered for them to take our litter (we use the crystals because it doesn't smell as bad as the cat litter box does). So, I don't know if he was doing that because he didn't have the litter that he was used to, or if it was because he was just really upset...
I just don't know what to do. I had another person ask for him on Craig's list, but I can't keep saying goodbye just to get him back a few days later...
I refuse to take him to the animal shelter! So, it was bitter sweet. He is back and I missed him terribly, but then, he is back and he still needs to find another home...
So, that is all of my updates. I know I didn't take a belly picture, but I actually slept a lot this weekend. Hopefully I am just having a growth spurt.

2 comments:

jess and scott said...

That stinks all around. I am sorry about Geico. And about Tiger. People should know what they are getting into and that it takes animals time to adjust just like people...

Magic Marker said...

When it rains it pours! Sorry about Geico but hopefully something will come up soon. I agree with Jes about the cat, give it some time people! It's traumatic for you to have to keep saying goodbye and then hello again....