Friday, February 20, 2009

Sad, sad story

Last night I got a phone call from my mom and brother at about the same time. My mom called first and just had enough time to tell me that the favorite kitten in the house had been killed. Then my other line beeped and I assumed it was my little sister, Melissa calling. She picked out this little kitten and the whole family fell in love with it. So I told my mom and switched over and it was my older brother, Javier. He told me what happened and he was so upset.
Apparently, they were sitting down to dinner and he said that there was the most horrible noise outside like a little kid was dying and he said that he thought it might be the cat. So he ran to the front window and saw two dogs mauling it. He ran outside and grabbed the dogs off, luckily they didn't attack him. From what he told me, I assumed that she had died right then. I asked if Melissa was okay and he said to call her. So I called her and she sobbed and sobbed and said that she had just died in her arms... Man, sometimes, it sucks to be so far away from family. There was literally nothing I could do or say. I just wanted to reach through the phone and hug them all while they mourned this loss.
The neighbor eventually came by and picked up her dogs. So sad... The whole family liked this kitten, and after having so many cats in our house, I never thought the entire family would ever like any cats together. I was wrong. I don't think that anyone wasn't affected by this horrible scene.

No comments: