
So last weekend, due to not really sleeping well during the week with James up all night coughing his lungs out, we both pretty much crashed this past weekend. It felt so good to finally feel rested again. And then on Sunday night, James had coughing fits again. (This time it was an asthma attack) When the alarm clock went off on Monday morning, I was felt wasted again. So, as soon as I looked out the window, I wanted to cry in pure joy to see a ton of snow everywhere, and it was still snowing, pretty hard!So, I called my boss, who told me not to come in and I ate some breakfast and then James and I went back to sleep. We didn't wake up for hours, it was so great! Then, when we did get up, we started doing some major cleaning that I had wanted to get done Saturday and Sunday, but we were both too tired to do. The upstairs has officially been "spring cleaned" with 3-4 inches of snow outside. :)
Now, just to do the downstairs too... Hopefully that will be this coming weekend.
Gotta love those four day work weeks, especially when they are unexpected!
I am a little bummed that we didn't play in the snow, but James was still sick and I know I won't fit into my snow suit. : )
Three days later, not much snow has melted. The sun has been out strong ever since the snow stopped Monday morning, but the temperature has been so low (barely above freezing during the day) that nothing has really melted.
Okay, so also, another exciting thing that happened this weekend... I did my glucose test... UGH! Okay, I have to clarify, the drink was not that bad at all. It really did taste just like a flat orange soda. It tingled in your throat and everything. But how it made me feel in the next 3-4 hours, that was the crappy part! My goodness. It was like I was having morning sickness all over again! I didn't want to see sugar ever again (of course, that didn't last more than a day), and I could hardly eat real food for a while... But, it is over, and at my appointment tomorrow, I hope to find out that I passed, because I don't want to do that again for at least a year or two!
Okay, so one more exciting thing... On Saturday, James got a phone call from Wegmans supermarket. They are building one here in town and James applied several weeks ago. They just started interviewing and he has an interview today at 4pm. Cross your fingers, say some prayers.... They aren't going to open until at least June, but hey, that is fine with me!
Okay, so I think that is all the updates, sorry if I bored you to death. I tend to go into too much detail sometimes... : )
Oh, and I just found out the I won't have a job in the next couple of weeks, so really, say some prayers for us please!
Oh, and I just found out the I won't have a job in the next couple of weeks, so really, say some prayers for us please!
3 comments:
So glad you caught up... My problem isn't the time, it is the ability... I go to bed at 10 and could sleep until 7, but between not falling asleep and waking up later, I usually end up with around 5 hours.... Stinks :)
And the glucose test: I was so scared it was going to taste bad, but I had more issues with how it made me feel on an empty stomach (like you). Plus, I had to do the 3 hour one with Kaitlyn, and I almost passed out and threw up. Not fun. Hope everything works out with James! Good luck!
I remember Janice, Joan and I were all preggo the same time with our first. We were talking about the glucose test and I guess Janice forgot and ate a powdered sugar donut that morning! So she had to go back and do the 3 hr test. I just couldn't hold my pee for that long at that point in my pregnancy!!! Hope all goes well with the interview. Where are they building a Wegman's at? I love that store!
I'm craving a "snow day" where I could just sleep and read all day! We'll keep you guys in our prayers for that interview!
Post a Comment