Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wegmans News

Well.........................
Wegmans offered James a job. He will be the STL (Service Team Leader) pretty much his same position at the Bank, but MUCH LESS PAY. They do have super cheap health care benefits (hopefully that is a good thing) so I guess that is why when James tried to negotiate a little with the money they said no... It is $10,000 less a year than he made at the bank. And because I am now unemployed, this makes things tight... It is a good thing this all happened around tax return time... So now, we are looking at all of our little extras, like tv and propane (heat) that we can get rid of for now... We will call up our mortgage lender and find out if we qualify for help with our mortgage payments... That is the most expensive expense... $1300/month.
So, it looks like Medicaid will still be paying for our baby's birth. Health care doesn't start for 90 days... I still have an appointment for WIC, so I am sure that I will still qualify.
James has to pass a drug test and a quick background check, and then he officially starts work. The other thing is, he has to commute to Gainesville, VA (really far away) everyday for training until the store here is up and running... His car is not reliable enough to make it... Oh well, I know everything will work out... We were just extremely disappointed. Four interviews, he wore a suit every time... so disappointed.
The hardest part for me is when James seems disappointed (because if you know James, he never gets down), but yesterday he was really disappointed as well. He said, "So much for my college degree doing anything for me." (Heart breaking)
Don't worry, we are both in better spirits today. It's like the night we found out he lost his job. Take a while to mourn, and get on with life. This baby is still coming and he is still our little miracle!
Oh well, I hope this isn't a depressing blog, I should wait a little while before I post it so it doesn't sound so negative, but I know some of you are waiting on pins and needles to find out what happened.
WE WILL BE FINE! No worries!

2 comments:

Missy said...

You should move to Houston there are tons of job opportunities and cost of living is a lot lower too. Also, your family is here so you can have free babysitting. It just makes perfect sense.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Way to stay upbeat and have an optomistic attitude! Hopefully, it will all work out! And don't worry if you write a "sad" blog... That is what all your readers are here for :)