Saturday, March 14, 2009

Two peas in a pod


So I just got home from my girlfriends baby shower. She is having twins (her first babies too!) and the theme of the party was Two peas in a pod. So Amanda (the fabulous party planner) asked me if I could make two blankets for the babies and have two peas in a pod. I was super excited about the idea and the challenge. She asked me on Sunday if I could do it and the party was today, so I had plenty of time. Well, I am glad that I started working on it on Sunday because I didn't get them finished until Friday evening. I found the diagram that I wanted on google images and then I had to draw it and trace it with a Sharpe and James scanned it in and downloaded it to my computer program that turns images into embroideries... Well, lets just say, it took a couple of hours and days to get it to look right. So then, we got it all made and then the font wasn't working out quite right on the minky fabric... So, we made a tag that says two peas in a pod. The little girl's blanket is pink and the boy's blanket is orange. It was so fun to see the finished product and to be satisfied!
Okay, quick updates, James's interview went well. They told him that they were going to make their decision in one to two weeks and get back to him then. So now I just have to keep myself distracted until the phone call! : )
My last day at work is Monday and I will be paid through to Wednesday. I am so thankful that it lasted as long as it did, it has been a great blessing to have had it so long. Really, I am only a little over two months until the baby comes, so that is pretty good.
I almost forgot! I have been looking for a dresser/changing table for a long time on craigs list. They are too expensive to buy brand new and I stumbled across one for $20! How awesome is that?! The only thing was, it wasn't local so we had to drive up the freeway several exits and pick it up, but even then, we put $20 in the gas tank and paid $20 for the dresser. So in the end, we paid $40 for this awesome dresser and a new one is at least $150 dollars for a piece of trash. Let me tell you, the picture on craigs list didn't even do it justice! I was so excited when I saw it. I will post a picture of it once we get the nursery together. (That is my next project)


2 comments:

Magic Marker said...

What a cute design for the twins! Good luck for James' job!

Colette said...

You are very talented. The blanket is very cute! Hope this is the job for James.