Yesterday morning I woke up laying flat on my back. I felt weird tightness in my abdomen and put my hand there and felt this huge hard ball shaped lump there. I kinda freaked out for a little bit thinking that maybe my body was freaking out and then I went back to sleep until the alarm clock went off. So, naturally, I didn't really think about it until later that evening. I told my girlfriend Heather about it and she grinned real big and said that it was the baby. I was kinda confused and couldn't believe her at first. Mostly because all of the pictures they show in the maternity books make the uterus lining look so thick that I didn't think I would actually feel what Heather said was probably the baby's but or head... WOW! After that conversation I got pretty excited and couldn't stop thinking about it. So after I got home from our Relief Society Christmas party, I laid on my back in bed and put a little pressure where I felt the bump earlier that morning... And...
I little bit later I felt some real baby kicks! It was so cool! I did that for quite a while until I couldn't feel anything anymore. I am sure I fell asleep last night with a big smile on my face!
This morning, I woke up to some fluttering and now, I can for sure say that I have felt my little one move! This pregnancy is just a little more real now.
4 comments:
Just something I do when I got to this stage of my pregnancies: I lay flat on my stomach on the floor. (Your bed may be too soft) It is the weirdest feeling, but makes the pregnancy a little more "real" when you can actually feel the baby. It should feel like you are laying on ball, well, sort of. Anyways, try it and let me know. And if you don't feel it yet, (but I think you will!) you and James will get a good laugh watching you roll around on the ground!
Yeah, that's so exciting. My favorite part of pregnancy!
It is fun when it becomes real. And it will be even better when James can feel it, cuz then it will be real to him too... It only gets better :) Then, they get to the point where they move ALOT and sometimes you think... geez kid! Go take a nap :)
That is so exciting! So when do you find out the actual gender? Later on in your pregnancy you can actually see the baby kicking and/or punching through your skin:)
Post a Comment