A few weekends ago I got either a flu, or something else, but I was miserable and weak and pathetic and Landon was still having a hard time with tooth #2. James had to work Sunday night and I was really stressed out that I wouldn't be able to take care of him and Auntie Candy doesn't live in Virginia anymore... and I couldn't get any help... But, when it came time for him to leave, I magically had the energy that I needed to get through the evening. (Thank you Heavenly Father) I also decided that bouncing him to sleep on the exercise ball for naps and bed time has gotten a little ridiculous. He is not the best sleeper regardless of the swaddle, the Binky and the bouncing. And some naps I bounce for a half hour and he only sleeps for 10-15 minutes. So, I decided that it is time for him to learn to self sooth. And hey, maybe this is why I got sick... When James left, it was nap time and he hadn't fallen to sleep yet. So I went in and started the soothing, but not pick up techniques. A half hour later, I was about to pass out and said a little prayer and I swear as soon as I was done, he went to sleep. I spent the same half hour doing it and he actually slept for almost 40 minutes. Since then, I have been keeping it up and our little boy is doing great at it. He still isn't the best sleeper, but he is now learning to put himself back to sleep and that is half the battle!
Check out those abs! Man, I wish my stomach looked like that!
Landon fell asleep playing on the floor for the first time ever and on his tummy no less! He now takes naps on his tummy! I think that we almost have the hernia problem conquered! Don't you love that little whimper?
1 comment:
Anytime you need help just give us a call!!! Anytime : )
Hope your feeling better... both of ya.
Post a Comment