Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Big News

Yeah, I know, I still owe a bunch of posts... BUT...
A woman from Sydney Australia contacted me through my www.quiltsbykista.com website and wants to sell my stuff out there. First she ordered eight things to show around for about a month and then she will let me know if she still wants to do it. I am really excited, but shipping is pretty expensive and when I mailed it today, the post office worker told me that she will probably be paying some kind of fee at customs since it is merchandise. So, obviously she has to love my stuff enough to make it worth paying for all that extra stuff. At first I thought it was a scam, but we have been talking for three weeks now, and it is for real! She said that she found my stuff online and has seen nothing like it.
WOW! Okay, so yes, I am really excited and a little nervous... I have a lot of blankets to start working on in this next month, because if she decides to go with my stuff, she is going to order bulk! Crazy!
But even if she doesn't, it will have given me the opportunity to get ready for the next craft show season without using James as my sweat shop :)

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Congrats! I am so excited to for you and your new opportunity. And, I say go ahead and use James... At least he isn't some poor Asian woman :)

Laura said...

Wow-ey! Awesome news! Hope this works out you talented lady!