I feel like I never have time to blog and when I do, it feels like I just vomit up a post... Does that make sense?
Anyways, we had planned three trips this summer to break up the 17 and a 1/2 weeks that James is gone. The first trip would be for 4th of July weekend. We would drive to SC and stay the night with Scott and Jes and then leave the next afternoon to drive to our friends James and Andrea that live in GA to break up a long drive into two shorter ones.
Well, the night that we got to SC, Landon had a fibril seizure. I was a mess. It was the most horrible experience of my life so far and I hope to never have something like that happen again. Here is where I say that I am so thankful to have a healthy son and not have to live in hospitals like some families do with sick children.
For those of you that don't know (like me), a fibril seizure is where they get a fever that comes on so quickly that they have a seizure. My pediatrician said that if your child is going to have a seizure, it is the kind that you want them to have. He has a higher risk of it happening again, but it is something that he can grow out of and hopefully this is the only one that he ever has.
We went to the ER (cause we didn't know what happened to him) and got home around 2am. He had the beginnings of croup and a possible ear infection.
The next day, after lunch and naps (I very much needed more sleep before getting on the road again), we drove to GA. Landon looked like death. We were on a pretty busy freeway and he looked horrible and to me his breathing was pretty labored. I had an anxiety attack while driving but luckily I got a hold of my good friend Candy who helped me to calm down and distract me with some good conversation.
Once we got to GA and had a good night sleep, Landon looked and acted much better.
Friday night, Andrea and I went to see Eclipse (not a disappointment, thank you) and when we got home, my James was there. He looks so different! He is super tan, very slim and super buff. It took me and Landon a day to get used to him, and I think it took him a day to unwind.
We just had lots of fun and ate great food and hung out. (I'll post pics later)
Luckily they did fireworks on Sunday night and we didn't have to go anywhere, all the neighbors were doing some great illegal fireworks, so we got a great show. The kids slept through the whole thing, I was really surprised.
James left in the afternoon on the 4th and we spent the rest of the week there. Then we drove back to SC on Friday afternoon and got to see James for the next weekend and Scott and Jes's. On his way to their house he got a flat tire. The next day we went to the mall and dropped the car off at Sears and just walked around. They had a great indoor play area and Landon had a blast. Sunday we made our yummy burritos and then James left. I feel bad, but I had a cry when he left. I don't know which goodbye was harder, the first one or the second... I am thinking the second one.
We left the next morning and took our time. We stopped 4 times and I was so excited to get onto our dreaded I-95. We stopped at Wal-Mart and bough a ridiculous amount of groceries and then got home.
Two night later, I started feeling dizzy and weird. Turns out I have a sinus infection (which I am pretty sure I started feeling on vacation) and now have vertigo and am having tension headaches as well. I finally went to the Dr. and got antibiotics. Then five days later, I realized I hadn't been taking enough pills per day. I am pretty sure that the vertigo affected my reading the label on the bottle correctly. So today is my first day taking two pills a day and here's to hoping that in a few days I will feel awesome!!!
There is so much more going on, but Landon is needing me now.
3 comments:
Wow! Hang in there, Kista! Hope you feel better soon!
Sounds like madness!! I hope that you and Landon are feeling better. How fantastic that you guys were able to visit with James and spend the 4th together. Hopefully the next visit will go smoother : ) Miss you guys and hang in there!!
Oh goodness!!! That is a crazy trip! I am so sorry, but glad Candy was able to help you through it. I haven't had a child have a seizure. I don't know what I would have done. Glad you got to see James though. Yes, it does take a while to get readjusted :) But, I am super glad it is almost over!!! Good girl for getting through all this.
Post a Comment