Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Walking

Well, I don't have much time. My parents are coming tomorrow for a week and I just thought that I should get this out there before life gets crazier and I never post about it at all! The other day, I was talking on the phone and Landon wanted to get my attention. The way he has been doing this lately if we are watching tv is to put his face in front of ours and make us look at him. He thinks this is hilarious. So on Sunday, I was on the phone and he was using our couch as a drum set. The next thing I know, he is walking over to me. It was only a couple of steps, but he did it on his own with no provocation from anyone else.
The next day I went over to help my girlfriend that is on bed rest for the afternoon. We were sitting on the couches visiting and the boys were all watching tv. I was telling some story or something when out of the corner of my eye, I saw Landon kind of stamping his feet and then the stamping turned into steps. He was staring at the tv and just started walking towards is. He took about 8 steps before crawling over to the tv. YAY!!!!
He hasn't done it for James yet, but I am sure it won't be long now. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hooray! That's so exciting! What a good way to get your attention! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Not fair! I can't wait until Dylan walks. Although he does crawl at an alarmingly fast rate anyway. So, maybe I can wait ;)

Magic Marker said...

Watch out! When they start walking it's all over and they are on the go always!:) Although it is exciting and I love seeing your little guy grow up even if it is through a computer.

Colette said...

People say this all the time and it is true....They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute while you can.