Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby check-up and updates

First off, Happy Birthday Jason!
Happy Birthday Jerry!
Well, today we went in for our check up at the Dr.'s office. I have gained 5 pounds, and we got to hear the baby's heart beat today! I have heard them before, but it makes a difference when you know that the sound of the beating heart is coming from somewhere inside of my body (and not my own beating heart, of course). The Dr. said that he could only hear one heart beat, which got a laugh out of me and James. I am not due to come back in for a month now, so I am assuming that we are out of the scary stage... I get to do a whole bunch of blood work right before that visit, so I guess it is a good thing that I have gotten used to giving 7 - 9 vials of blood so much lately... And then shortly after that visit, we will do the 20 week ultrasound and hopefully find out the baby's sex! I am really excited for that part. (Oh yeah, my Dr. is Dr. William Hamilton in Fredericksburg, for those of you that are in town and curious)
Let's see, well, I am out of the morning sickness phase (which seemed to be directly related to the progesterone I had to take), I am starting to have a little belly, I'll have to post a picture later today, and I am enjoying craving all of my favorite foods. Our fridge was packed for a while with all of the meals that I have been craving. It is fun, but sometimes I get tired of eating.
Last night, James teased me every time I got up to relieve my bladder. He said I was like clock work, every hour.
We have been having a lot of fun lately in our relationship. I love James so much, but it is amazing how much more my love for him has grown in these last few months. Some days, I just want to cry (happy tears) when I think about how wonderful he is and how there is no one else that could love me, and make me feel loved like he does. He has been so amazing helping pick up my slack with the house work and chores and I really have no complaints. So, thank you, my love. You are more than I ever could have wished for. I say that, because I didn't know that kind of qualities that you have even existed when I was younger and wishing about my future husband... I look forward to seeing our love grow ever more and seeing you start to have the gray hairs to match mine. Love you.

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I am so glad you are out of the morning sickness faze- and all I can say is you are lucky!!! How far along are you?

September said...

Very sweet!

P.S. I seem to be past the morning sickness now too...YAY!!!!!!!!!

Magic Marker said...

Yeah, the ultrasound is coming up soon! So exciting, any ideas?

Austyn said...

yay yay yay! so glad everything is going so well. do you have any intuition if it is a boy or girl?