Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sewing room make over

To the left of the wall is our guest bed. We don't use it that much and decided to wench it to the wall. James pointed out that I can use it as a design board and a back drop to take pictures of things that I have made. Right next to the door is my stash of minky and satin for my baby blankets.
Here is the one wall with windows. I got a clearanced wall sticker dry erase thing and it was my fill order list. I am happy to say that it is empty now. In between the windows is supposed to be my fabric cutting table, but I am using it as a desk for my other job right now.

This is my favorite wall. I love having the bolts and ribbons displayed for easy access. Also, the camera wouldn't get the entire wall, but it is my merchandise wall as well. I even have a mail center and yes, there is a customs form in there! :)

Where is the sewing machine do you ask? Why it is in the closet of course!!! I am really excited that we got it to fit in there. Now I have so much more floor space for those big projects. I have a peg board on the wall in there for easy access to my tools and we have two thread spool holders, but I might have to get a third. I have three containers for my embroidery threads. The sign above the closet James made for craft shows.
I used to be so overwhelmed when I came in my sewing room. I have so many ideas and lots of things that need to be made and when I went in there to start on something, I would just look at all of the projects I had and get overwhelmed. Now, I go in there and it is so fun to be in there and projects go so much faster because everything has a place and it is all so easy to access.
I love my sewing room make over and I have had so much fun making things since we did it.
I wouldn't have done it without the Australia order. I am so glad that She found me online and decided I was worth paying shipping for. I am excited to see where else my business takes me.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kista, I love your sewing room! Well done! I just love everything you did! Good job!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Congrats woman!!! Your room looks great! Wanna come organize my house? ;)