Landon got The Lion King for Christmas. The first few times he watched it, he wasn't all that interested. Then he was really into it. It took a few times of watching it to realize that Mufasa dies.
As I have mentioned in previous posts, Landon loves to act scenes out of the movie as he watches them. It was pretty funny to see him imitate Simba crying during the intense death scene. A few days after that, Landon was cuddling in bed with us one morning. (Our morning ritual is for Landon to come jump in bed with us and cuddle until we decide we are hungry) On this particular morning, Daddy wasn't quite ready to get up yet. So Landon started quoting the beginning of the movie where Simba wakes his Dad up: "Dad! Dad, dad, dad, dad, dad! wake up!, Dad, dad, dad... (etc.)
While I thought this was pretty funny, Daddy didn't seem to be responding. I was about to suggest we go downstairs when Landon says: "Help! Somebody! Anybody! Help!" I immediately knew that he was quoting from Mufasa's death scene and couldn't stop laughing.
In the last few weeks, Landon says this quite a bit because it always gets a smile or laugh out of me.
Well... today he Yelled it while we were in the store. I laughed but then realized how much Landon doesn't really look all that much like me and thought, 'Oh Gosh! Someone might think he is really calling for help.'
So, we had to have a chat. What he understood of that chat, I am not sure, but time will only tell.
2 comments:
What a hilarious story! I frequiently worry about people thinking I'm stealing McKenna when we're leaving a store and she's kicking and screaming. :) Kids quoting movies is always good times!
Love this story!!! :) I hope you and him get it figured out, so you don't get into trouble :) The kids just watched this movie yesterday, and I totally remember this part. Love it.
Post a Comment