Saturday, December 24, 2011

The small, but funny things

I know, I am still BEHIND!  You would think that we lead this amazingly busy life or something.
A few weeks ago, I was woken up by Landon who put a jug of milk on my head.  He even brought the strawberry mix up to go with it.  James and I laughed about that for a long time.  Of course, we had to take it all back downstairs, because he needed a cup to drink it in.
We have taken a trip out to see the Christmas lights every week and only once did Landon stay awake.  The other few times, he was asleep within minutes.  James and I enjoyed ourselves though.
Landon is quite the little actor.  He loves to act out movies as he watches them.  He talks and mimics all the motions the characters are making.  The other day, he was watching a Thomas the train Christmas Special.  They have a bunch of little episodes broken up by the Conductor getting his home ready for his Christmas party. At one point, Carolers come to sing to him and they have song books with them.  Landon ran over to his little bookcase and grabbed a book for his prop.  Hmm... I am interested to see how this develops.
Landon still gives me kisses when he gets treats or snacks from the pantry.  I hope that never goes away.
James is still loving his job.  We are all pretty used to the 12 hour days now.  Even so, the days off seem to go by so quickly.
I myself did four craft shows this fall.  I am so glad that they are over.  Landon spent some quality time with his Marker Grandparents for two of those shows.  We are so lucky to have them so close to us.  Every time Landon leaves their house, he likes to take a toy with him.
Landon started talking really well, and then he went back to not talking so much.  We are still trying to get him to talk in sentences.  Some words he only says one syllable.  For example, his blanket he calls "blank".  Usually it is the second syllable, or second half of the word that he says, like for strawberry (his strawberry milk) he says "berry".
He is extremely observant.  One day we were running errands and we happened to drive past one of the libraries that we have been to (like 2 or 3 times).  He immediately started crying and pointing back the way we came saying "brary".  I couldn't believe it, not only had we only been there a few times (several months before), but we never really drive on that particular road, so I was surprised that he even paid any attention.
Landon is the same height as my hip right now.  He is a solid kid.  You would never guess it by looking at him though.  So, my earlier prediction that he will be taller than me when he is ten or twelve has gone to seven to 10 years old.  He just doesn't stop growing.  He is now in size 3, 4 and 5's.  He still wears some size 3 pants, but his torso is so long, he has to be in 4 and 5 shirts (which is starting to look interesting because he is so slim).
On the adoption front, we are kind of trying to get our finances in order.  The fertility treatments affected us more than we expected (and I am not talking about the hot flashes that I am still experiencing).  It is going to take some time to get where we need to be.  I thought about doing some kind of fundraiser, and expected to have a lot of support and was very wrong.  So, moving on, we are just waiting.
I have to say, it is much easier to wait for a child to come to your family when there is already a child to keep you distracted from all the hoop jumping.  We aren't really trying anymore, but every month, I still have that hope that I am pregnant.  Of course, then I remember what being pregnant feels like and think I must be crazy.

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

He IS a tall boy. So sorry that you get dissapointed, but hang in there. Heavenly Father will help your family grow. He is such an indepent boy with the milk too! Good job Landon!