Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's that time again...

So... we are doing IVF again.  I really didn't want to do it again.  I had these fantasies of getting pregnant naturally and it seems like Heavenly Father has been trying to get through to me these last few months to tell me to get on board with IVF, but I didn't want to listen.  Then I realized that I felt exactly this way when Heavenly Father was trying to tell me to do IVF the first time and I kept ignoring it until we LITERALLY got mail that helped us realize what we needed to do.  So, I decided (after about three months of feeling this way), that I needed to put my hardheadedness aside and make the call to the IVF center.  So, I am going in today to do all the exams and then if all is well, we will do the procedure at the end of June.  I am a little nervous.  Apparently there is a higher chance of multiples the second time around.  I have mixed feelings about this.  The realistic part of me, the part that is going to physically carry, birth and take care of those "babies"  is freaking out!  But the daydreamer in me will be sad if there is just one or no babies (considering the price involved in this venture).  Of course, the reassuring part of me is telling myself, Heavenly Father has been telling you this for 3 months, so have faith that it will work out exactly as our family needs it to work out. 
So anyways, there it is!  My sister in law helped me create this blog, I guess she was more inspired than we knew when she said I should call it Our Fertility Journey!

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Good luck! I wish you guys all the best!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So Exciting!! Good Luck!!

Laura said...

What an exciting time! Best wishes!