I thought I already wrote about Landon's double ear infection, but I guess not... When Landon had his 6 month check up, a couple of interesting things happened. He gained no weight in the last two months (didn't know whether to freak out or not), and he had a double ear infection that we had no clue about. He did gain two inches, so the Dr. said to push more cereal, because it has more calories than baby food and we will check his weight again in a month. We went through 10 days of amoxicillin for his ears and started mixing cereal into his veggies (he won't eat just cereal anymore). Well... I went back in a little less than two weeks, because it was obvious that his ears were bothering him and he gained a pound and a half! So, we are back to normal eating now, and he is on a stronger antibiotic. Oh, he is 26 3/4 inches long and now weighs 16.9oz
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Ear infection
I thought I already wrote about Landon's double ear infection, but I guess not... When Landon had his 6 month check up, a couple of interesting things happened. He gained no weight in the last two months (didn't know whether to freak out or not), and he had a double ear infection that we had no clue about. He did gain two inches, so the Dr. said to push more cereal, because it has more calories than baby food and we will check his weight again in a month. We went through 10 days of amoxicillin for his ears and started mixing cereal into his veggies (he won't eat just cereal anymore). Well... I went back in a little less than two weeks, because it was obvious that his ears were bothering him and he gained a pound and a half! So, we are back to normal eating now, and he is on a stronger antibiotic. Oh, he is 26 3/4 inches long and now weighs 16.9oz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ah.. Dr. Topps office!! I must say though... we love her but refuse to see susdorph!!
Landon is getting so big! It's been awhile since we've had a baby so I pulled up our blog to see how big our son was at 6 months...17 1/2 lbs and 28 inches long! Geesh we grow 'em big. Pono is now about 35lbs and about 40 inches tall and he is 2 1/2 years old!
Post a Comment