
Landon has a pretty bad umbilical hernia that kind of just appeared a few weeks ago. Then it grew double in size within a week. So, the pediatrician is sending us to a pediatric surgeon. Our appointment is on Wednesday. But we try to push it in several times a day. If for any reason we can't push it in, we are to seek medical attention immediately... On Saturday, the 4th of July, we woke up and I pushed it in, not so easily, and then within a half an hour, it wouldn't go in again. After trying to push it in for about 1/2 an hour, we took Landon to the emergency room.

They have itty bittie hospital gowns! I had to take a picture!

Mommy is so sad that her little boy isn't feeling good...

Daddy wonders how much his little boy's belly button bothers him...
We got to the hospital around 10am and saw the doctor, who was pretty nervous about our expectations of him and kept talking about the basics of umbilical hernias. I kept having to tell him that I know, I was ONLY concerned about not being able to push it in, not that it gets big every time he cries. I already knew that and it didn't bother me... So, after a long time of trying and manipulating, he got it pushed in and he said that it felt like it was open about a centimeter. Not long afterwards Landon filled his diaper up really well, as apposed to the straining he did for the little poop he had that morning. To me, there was definitely something blocked...
Landon sees a pediatric surgeon this Wednesday.
1 comment:
So Scary!!! Good luck. And love the pouty mommy picture :)
Post a Comment