Monday, January 19, 2009

Pics and updates

Okay, so this is not the best picture. I am officially in maternity clothes now, but they are all slightly too big still. Here, I am trying to show my belly, but I always seem to look smaller than I feel... (When I look down at my belly it seems huge, maybe I'll take a picture from that angle... and then you all won't laugh at me when I say that I am starting to feel huge) Next time, I think I will just put on one of my normal shirts and then I will look huge! : )
My belly has started itching like crazy! I am sure that it is partly because it is so cold and dry, but I also think that it is because my belly has been rapidly increasing in size and the itching is from my skin trying to stretch fast enough to accommodate it. NICE! I am putting lotion on my belly several times a day, but it still itches... hope I'm not allergic to the lotion! : )
I have realized that since we have no health insurance right now, I need to start blow drying my hair to make sure I am not going out with wet hair asking to get sick while it is freezing cold right now!
So, James finally got a call back for an interview. It takes place on Feb. 9Th, please say some prayers for us! Even if he doesn't get this particular job, it was enough to give us some hope...
I was starting to freak out a little... okay, a lot.
Thank you to everyone that has helped us in getting our resume out there! We love you guys!
Our baby boy is quite the squirmer. He loves to kick my bladder (especially right after I just emptied it!). The other night, James and I needed a silly break, so we played a Star Wars video game. Well, at one point I was surrounded by enemies and I was getting shot. Sometimes, when you get shot, your controller vibrates. Well, this particular time, I was getting shot, my controller was vibrating and the baby started kicking me really hard in rapid succession. We then determined that the volume must be too loud and turned it down. He quieted down after that, but it was the most hilarious feeling. I actually yelped because I didn't know how to stop getting shot and kicked! It was so funny!
I called my mom over the weekend to ask her if she had any indication that my brother was going to be a night owl when he was in the womb. (EX: the baby moving all night while you are trying to sleep...) She said that she really didn't pay any attention. Does anyone else have any experience in this area?

2 comments:

The Charters said...

When I was pregnant with my first little girl, Sydney - she was the most active around 11pm when we were getting ready for bed. This made falling asleep difficult. But after she was born she adjusted to a pretty normal sleep pattern fairly quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Its a beautiful picture!!! And yes, the transition between maternity clothes and regular clothes feels kinda unneccessary at first, but try fitting back into your regular clothes :) Just doesn't work! And yes, belly stretching and dry air can make for itchy skin... So keep up with the lotion. It may not help with stretch marks, but it shouldn't hurt with the itching. I can't say I know about the whole night owl thing cuz neither of my girls are. But, babies do have their own time table, and several (including my own) went through a phase a few weeks after birth of having day and nights mixed up... You will just have to wait *patiently* until his personality shows :) And tell James to break a leg! Good luck!